[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer 1.0rc2 and ALSA 1.0.9, very slow (-nosound help)

Guillaume POIRIER guillaume-bzh.poirier at laposte.net
Thu May 29 21:45:46 CEST 2008

Hello,

Siarhei Siamashka a écrit :
> On Thursday 29 May 2008, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> On 5/29/08, Jason Zhang (SRC) <Jzhang at sunrisetelecom.com.cn> wrote:
>>> Thanks. I get 6000 result when google "PXA270 mplayer". At least I am not
>>> the only one using xscale :)
>> well, I'm not surprised: there's a fork of MPlayer called mplayer-w100
>> which had lots of things changed in the sourcecode to make it run well
>> on Zaurus PDAs.... but these modifications never made it to MPlayer's
>> "official" sourcebase since the author of mplayer-w100 never submitted
>> the patches.
>
> Really? You can grep mplayer "official" sourcebase for "AGAWA Koji".
>
> The stuff that did not get into mplayer (yet?) are some optimized video
> output drivers, one of them is 'w100' and the other one is 'bvdd'.

yes, this is correct indeed, and I somehow knew that. The thing is
however that the whole IWMMX code that has been taken from mplayer-w100
project has been "blindly" added to the sourcetree without being able to
test it.
That, I think, was most unfortunate, though I prefer to have the code
there in MPlayer/FFmpeg than getting lost. After all, if it's broken,
it's probably easier to fix it rather than to re-develop what has been lost.

Guillaume