[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer 1.0rc2 and ALSA 1.0.9, very slow (-nosound help)

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Thu May 29 21:38:29 CEST 2008

On Thursday 29 May 2008, Jason Zhang (SRC) wrote:
> Thanks. I get 6000 result when google "PXA270 mplayer". At least I am not
> the only one using xscale :) But could you give me some hint about where
> should I start for diagnose this problem? For example, which .c file should
> I look at first in MPlayer.

First please don't top post.

Generally, the questions you ask (compilation and usage issues) belong to the
MPlayer-users list.

But as you mentioned .c files, I guess you are willing to hack the sources. In
this case you can try to find this XScale fork that was mentioned by Guillaume
POIRIER, try to compile it and benchmark against standard "official" MPlayer.
If you notice anything that is faster/better in that fork, you may try to
identify the code which is contributing to this difference and submit a patch
here in order to help in improving XScale support.

Good luck.

--
Best regards,
Siarhei Siamashka