[MPlayer-dev-eng] The new Makefiles

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue May 27 19:19:25 CEST 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 07:39:26PM +0200, Alban Bedel wrote:
> On Tue, 27 May 2008 14:14:45 +0200
> Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
>
> > TOOLS/netstream and TOOLS/vivodump still do not link under any
> > circumstances.
> >
> > Albeu, you said you knew a way to fix this.  Let's hear it.
>
> I sent you a patch showing you what is needed to link them, then warned
> you from the start that the file list _MUST_ be kept slitted. You just
> ignored everything.

No, I just disagreed that

a) splitting the lists is necessary;
b) that if a) were true, it would be worth holding back my work on the
   non-recursive Makefile to fix the linkage of a few obscure tools.

> Now the work needed is way more important as one must split your
> monster file list in logical parts :(

We will see if this is really so hard or if it cannot be done in another
way.

> However you have all the information needed in the patch I sent you.
> Apply the hunks on netstream.c and vivodump.c and all you need to do is
> fix the makefile.

I'll look at your patch if I find the time.

Diego