[MPlayer-dev-eng] rtp support in mplayer

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Thu May 15 22:48:16 CEST 2008

On Thu, 15 May 2008 13:13:38 -0400, "Chas Williams (CONTRACTOR)" <chas at cmf.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:
>In message <20080515124848.67df9025.tempn at twmi.rr.com>,compn writes:
>>i assume you've already added the g722 decoder to codecs.conf ?
>
>nope.
>
>>the only samples of g722 i can find are all playable with mplayer already.
>>do you have a sample file or stream we can take a look at ?
>
>i cant since its an rtp stream.  can you send me an example of a g722
>file so that i can see what decoder mplayer is using so i can get
>the incoming rtp stream to demux to that decoder?

erm, ignore above, i only found g722 > wav samples apparently

here are some g722 samples:
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/g722/
http://downloads.digium.com/pub/telephony/sounds/asterisk-core-sounds-es-g722-current.tar.gz

after adding your g722 codec to codecs.conf, assuming you got it properly built into libavcodec/mplayer... try without a demuxer, mplayer -demuxer rawaudio -rawaudio format=0xxxx  somefile.722

where the format 0xxxx is what you write in the codecs.conf entry.

is there anyway you could make the stream public ?
did you try it in vlc ?

-compn