[MPlayer-dev-eng] Commit rules and coexistence rules

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Jun 5 23:52:51 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 04:35:35PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 02:29:36PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 10:45:17AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
[...]
> > > IMNSHO the active developers should be the ones running the show.
> >
> > The project is "run" by our docs maintainer who is not a developer at all.
> > If you suggest to step back and let reimar & evgeny & ben & luca take over
> > root i would support this.
> > But that wont happen, you will never step back and let the people who
> > actally write the code have the reins. You just use devel activity as
> > argument when it serves your goals ...
>
> False.  I am the one who wants to have the people who actually write the
> code have the reins,

> not you.

i did not want to reply, but this statement feels too insulting to let it
stand
i know better than you what i want. And i would be happy to see the
active developers have the reins. (except uoti but that is the only
exception)

> Now you say that I am not a developer, because it serves your goals of
> discrediting me.  Even if it were true, it would not have any bearing
> on this discussion.
>
> May I kindly remind you of the following words from Reimar, which you
> conveniently choose to ignore because it serves your interest of
> painting me into the evil overlord corner:
>
>   Before anyone flames too hard: I asked for Diego to publish these
>   numbers.
>
> How come you are allowed to call me "not a developer" to discredit me,

You have the highest raw commit count but the lowest of self written C code.

> but I am not allowed to publish commit statistics (at Reimar's request)?

Who forbade you to publish them?!

[...]

When the tyrant has disposed of foreign enemies by conquest or treaty, and
there is nothing more to fear from them, then he is always stirring up
some war or other, in order that the people may require a leader. -- Plato