[MPlayer-dev-eng] Commit rules and coexistence rules

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Thu Jun 5 10:45:17 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 05:45:40AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> just my personal oppinion as a mostly inactive mplayer developer

And this seems to be the main problem really.

All the devs that voted to remove Uoti are inactive[1], all the ones
that spoke up against this are active.

IMNSHO the active developers should be the ones running the show.
Advice from the elder veterans is of course welcome, but at some point
they have to realize that the times are changing and hand over the reins
to the next generation.

I had the very same problem with Gabucino back in the day.  I was doing
all the work on the documentation, he tried to make me do things his
way.  I refused.  Since this was an unpaid labor of love and I was doing
all the heavy lifting, I was going to do things my way and take things
in the direction I wanted.

Diego

[1] Except maybe Roberto, who apparently is just short on time ATM.