[MPlayer-dev-eng] Writing a brand new D3D video output to fix Vista Aero disabling

elupus elupus at ecce.se
Thu Jun 5 02:54:52 CEST 2008

> damn. i spent a few minutes digging in xbmc code looking for the d3d renderer. or even the mplayer code itself. i must be blind.
>
> are any other gpl video players which we can steal from?
>
> btw georgi , if its not clear... we all support you 100% in creating a d3d video output. i just posted some code so you could get ideas or swipe some shader programs.
>
> i look forward to testing your d3d patches on my various windows boxen + cards.
>
> -compn

mplayer code is in a separate repo, "/trunk/mplayer" instead of
"/trunk/XBMC".

Calling code into mplayer is "xbmc/cores/mplayer/mplayer.cpp."

Wrapper around mplayer's direct video calls into rendersystem is in
"/trunk/XBMC/xbmc/cores/mplayer/(xbox_video.cpp/audio.cpp)".

But don't use our renderer's as a base for mplayer one, they are very
messy.

Cheers