[MPlayer-dev-eng] Writing a brand new D3D video output to fix Vista Aero disabling

Georgi Petrov gogothebee at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 22:52:01 CEST 2008

BTW almost everyone of my friends uses SMPlayer (just MPlayer
frontend) under Windows and they just love it! Most of my friends who
use Linux, use MPlayer as well. I know something like 10 people
personally, who use MPlayer, which is a big thing!

Most of them use it under Windows and someday eventually they are
going to use Vista. If somehow I manage to help more people to stay
with MPlayer, I would be really pleased! MPlayer doesn't have real
rivals on Windows IMHO. Nothing can really compare to "one player
supports it all", without any need of installing DirectShow codecs and
so on. Ever mentioned how fast it does rew/ff compared to every other
player? I don't even want to start. MPlayer is the best guys!!!
Really!!!

Sure, they have vo_gl now, which is compatible with Aero, but I want
to contribute with my driver as well.

One of the most good things is to feel that you are helping other
people and I feel just like that (even now, when I haven't done
anything yet) :)