[MPlayer-dev-eng] New vo driver: st2205

Jeroen Domburg jeroen at sprite.student.utwente.nl
Sat Jan 26 21:14:01 CET 2008

Hi,

Because this is my first post, I'll introduce myself: I'm Jeroen, a
hardware hacker who runs a site with electronics stuff at
http://spritesmods.com. Please do check out my projects if you're
interested in that kind of stuff :)

I recently got my hands on a cheap (E10) photoframe, which sported a nice
128x128 color LCD and a USB-connection, all based on a ST2205 or ST2203
microchip. To make a long story short: I hacked the firmware and put
together a library so the display becomes directly accessable via the
USB-port. The long story is on my site:
http://spritesmods.com/?art=picframe&f=mp .

One of the things I have written is a patch for mplayer to support the
picture frame. It works quite nicely: I get 25fps with it. For now, I
distribute it as a diff along with the firmware patches and the library,
but I'd like them to end up in the mplayer code itself.

The changes I've made to the MPlayer CVS version are downloadable here:
http://spritesmods.com/picframe/mplayer-cvs-vo_st2205u.diff
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a howto-create-a-new-VO-device for
MPlayer, so I built it by adjusting an existing driver. I have no idea if
it lives up to your coding standards, and I'd be grateful if you could
take a look at it and tell me what should happen before it can be included
in the MPlayer codebase, if that's at all desirable.

Thanks & good day,
Jeroen