[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer on Au1200

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Jan 21 13:55:44 CET 2008

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 13:25:11 +0100
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 02:55:31AM -0800, Nitin Mahajan wrote:
> > I am working with Au1200 processor and trying to run MPlayer on it. The
> > Processor has Media Acceleration support in hardware, which I want to
> > utilize.
> >
> > The Vendor provides some MAI APIs and also some driver for the MAE.
> How can I integrate the MAE support in this case with the MPlayer?
> >
> > Has some one already provided Hardware acceleration support to
> MPlayer on Au1200?
>
> Since AMD thinks it stuff oh-so-important that you can get everything
> only under an NDA I don't think you will get any help here.
> Ask AMD or choose a vendor that gives open-source developers at least a
> chance.

AMD sold the Alchemy line to RMI a year or two ago. MAE is documented
in the data book[1]. That said, i dont think anyone ever made
an OSS accelerator using MAE. And also i'd be carefull about
bugs in MAE core, the Alchemy cpus are known to contain some pretty
nasty bugs at cruical places.

				Attila Kinali

[1] http://www.razamicroelectronics.com/products_alchemy/au1200_data_book.htm

                         -- Deed of Morred