[MPlayer-dev-eng] libavcodec/utils.c new bug

Ian Rickards ian.rickards at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 23 07:59:17 CET 2008

Thanks v.much to 'michael' for checking in a fix to this today, which fixed
the video corruption.

Just to point out there is still a small difference between the new version
of the code and the previously ok -r 11961 revision.  The calculated values
for size[0], size[1] now match, but size[2] is different.  What is this used
for, and does it matter?

new/old:
size[0]=1648640/1648640
size[1]=412160/412160
size[2]=2472960/412160    *********  note different
size[3]=0/0

The old code used
-        if(picture.data[2])
-            size[1]= size[2]= size[1]/2;

Wish I understood this !!!

Ian