[MPlayer-dev-eng] Make ffmpeg MPEG1/2 decoder the default?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Feb 19 00:05:45 CET 2008

Hello,
On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 12:36:29AM +0200, Siarhei Siamashka wrote:
> On 19 February 2008, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> [...]
> > Problem with xv on my PC here is that with -benchmark the video stops
> > for ca. 0.5s every 2s. Driver does not seem to like when you push video
> > frames too fast...
>
> Or maybe it is a problem with mplayer vo code. Please try the attached patch.

Yes, that fixes it, but it still seems to me like something between
stupid and wrong behaviour of the X code.
Of course without XSync there might be rather a lot of outstanding
request after some time, but (I paid attention this time) "hanging" for
whole 3s every 6s is a bit exaggerated (or they have to change the XSync
man page from "Client applications seldom need to call XSync" to "Client
applications must regulary call XSync".

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger