[MPlayer-dev-eng] Audio visualization

Benjamin Zores ben at geexbox.org
Sun Feb 17 18:51:34 CET 2008

Alban Bedel a écrit :
> On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 17:18:12 +0100
> Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
>
>> Well, I can overcome my personal opinions if necessary, but my honest
>> and personal opinion is that it is a (if done right only small) mess
>> for a useless feature ;-)
>> Keep in mind that it is "MPlayer - The Movie Player" :-)
>
> Still it can also play "audio only" files, so here is my take on it :)
> As said earlier it is some old code, I just updated it to work with the
> changes to the decode_audio() interface. There is no doc nor configure
> support, but that's not the point atm as it is unfinished. To test it
> you need goom (goom.sf.net) and to add -lgoom2 your LDFLAGS.
>
> Comments and suggestions are welcome, the original idea was to then
> replace vd_goom with a vd_visuals wich would take care of converting
> the raw pcm data to what the selected visual need as input.

What's the status of this finally ?
Is it planned to get in someday ?
I've tested it successfully and it's for sure quite an interesting future.
However, it might be a good thing to import libgoom to MPlayer then,
especially there's not much releases of it and a few distros have it
(besides a bug exist in upstream release, latest one being from 2005
..., that tries to do 3DNow code unconditionnally).

Ben