[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer + codec(*.so)

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sat Dec 27 11:22:01 CET 2008

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 10:35:57AM +0800, houdiney wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 09:26:59PM +0800, houdiney wrote:
> >     I have been puzzled in a question: I wanna integrate
> > a midi lib(libmidi.so) into mplayer, so in the directory
> > .../mplayer/libmpcodecs/, I created file ad_midi.c like
> > some other codec's(ex. ad_libmad.c), as follows:
> >
> > //-----------------------------------
> > [...]
> > //-----------------------------------
> >
> > then, in the file ad.c, I added :
> > extern ad_functions_t mpcodecs_ad_libmidi;
> > in struct mpcodecs_ad_drivers:
> > &mpcodecs_ad_libmidi
> > in file .../libmpcodecs/Makefile, add:
> >   SRCS_COMMON-$(LIBMIDI)  += ad_libmidi.c
> >
> > then type "make" in a shell in directory mplayer, bu error follows:
> > libmpcodecs/libmpcodecs.a(ad.o):(.data+0x58): undefined reference to `mpcodecs_ad_libmidi'
> >
> > Could someone give me an advise on what I should  do next ?
> In this order of importance:
> 1) Get a mail client that does not break threads.
> 2) Learn what top-posting is and avoid it.
> 3) Hook up ad_midi.c in the Makefile.
>

> Thank you for your reply, and your order.
> Am I in the right way to write and reply a post ?

You are getting closer, but your mail client is still basically useless.
It does not indent the quoted text, it does not break lines.  Get a new
one.

> I have found the explain of "top-posting" at
> http://www.idallen.com/topposting.html, thank you for your pointing out!

I somewhat prefer the explanation linked to on our mailing list page
(also the first hit on Google), from Wikipedia, where you will also
learn what interleaved quoting is.

> Return to the question:
> you said "Hook up ad_midi.c in the Makefile" yesterday , and I had
> added it in file .../libmpcodecs/Makefile as:
>
>     "SRCS_COMMON-$(LIBMIDI)  += ad_libmidi.c"

Are you setting LIBMIDI in configure/config.mak?

> so, is there something else ?

I should have noticed earlier: You are using a version of MPlayer that
is older than the sun.  Try Subversion HEAD.

Diego

P.S.: There is no need to CC me, I am subscribed.