[MPlayer-dev-eng] Video output for RV280+Mesa3D

malc av1474 at comtv.ru
Sun Dec 7 00:42:09 CET 2008

On Sun, 7 Dec 2008, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 07, 2008 at 12:20:51AM +0300, malc wrote:
>> While walking to the shop today i recalled another quirk of Mesa, thing
>> is - glTexSubImage is _never_ zero copy (again speaking about r200 only)
>> only glTexImage is, perhaps this is the case here (haven't looked at how
>> you do stuff in vo_gl).
>
> I feared something like that. You do not know by chance if glTexSubImage
> might be zero copy if the part copied is the full size? I know that's
> how the binary ATI drivers behave (for PBOs that is - their PBO
> implementation must be close to the buggiest piece of code on earth).
> I tested glTexImage with the older Intel drivers and it did not change
> performance one bit.

I know for a fact that it wont work. R200 has two functions that
implement respective operations both live in:
src/mesa/drivers/dri/r200/r200_tex.c [r200TexImage2D, r200TexSubImage2D]
Only TexImage validates the supplied pointer for zero-copy ability
and if so simply returns, TexSubImage on the other hand allways calls
_mesa_store_texsubimage2d.

>> As for glXAllocateMemoryMESA:
>>
>> ~$ glxinfo | egrep -i "(allocate)|(version)"
>> server glx version string: 1.2
>> client glx version string: 1.4
>>      GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_MESA_allocate_memory,
>>      GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_MESA_allocate_memory,
>> OpenGL version string: 1.3 Mesa 7.2
>> glu version: 1.3
>
> Mine is now:
>
> server glx version string: 1.2
> client glx version string: 1.4
>    GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_MESA_allocate_memory,
> GLX version: 1.2
> OpenGL version string: 1.4 Mesa 7.2
>
> The part after "GLX version: 1.2" previously had a
> GLX_MESA_allocate_memory, too that since the update disappeared.

Well i haven't update my X server when switching from whatever was the
default Mesa merely pointed LD_LIBRARY_PATH to freshly compiled 7.2
checkout and merrily went with my buisness.

mailto:av1474 at comtv.ru