[MPlayer-dev-eng] Video output for RV280+Mesa3D

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Dec 7 00:12:49 CET 2008

On Sun, Dec 07, 2008 at 12:20:51AM +0300, malc wrote:
> While walking to the shop today i recalled another quirk of Mesa, thing
> is - glTexSubImage is _never_ zero copy (again speaking about r200 only)
> only glTexImage is, perhaps this is the case here (haven't looked at how
> you do stuff in vo_gl).

I feared something like that. You do not know by chance if glTexSubImage
might be zero copy if the part copied is the full size? I know that's
how the binary ATI drivers behave (for PBOs that is - their PBO
implementation must be close to the buggiest piece of code on earth).
I tested glTexImage with the older Intel drivers and it did not change
performance one bit.

> As for glXAllocateMemoryMESA:
>
> ~$ glxinfo | egrep -i "(allocate)|(version)"
> server glx version string: 1.2
> client glx version string: 1.4
>      GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_MESA_allocate_memory,
>      GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_MESA_allocate_memory,
> OpenGL version string: 1.3 Mesa 7.2
> glu version: 1.3

Mine is now:

server glx version string: 1.2
client glx version string: 1.4
    GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_MESA_allocate_memory,
GLX version: 1.2
OpenGL version string: 1.4 Mesa 7.2

The part after "GLX version: 1.2" previously had a
GLX_MESA_allocate_memory, too that since the update disappeared.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger