[MPlayer-dev-eng] Direct3D OSD discussion

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Dec 3 12:44:13 CET 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 11:15:12PM +0000, Jim Hauxwell wrote:
> OSD is a big patch and has required many goes from me to get the
> formatting correct etc.  I think it would be better to have a small
> patch to enhance the OSD later.

Well, if the vo_direct3d maintainer agrees with that I don't really have
a problem with it.
But there is one issue I just noticed that can't really be ignored
because I can not guarantee that it is not exploitable:
For a source video aspect < 1 the calc_height variable can be larger
than the OSD texture size, allowing to write beyond the bounds of the
texture memory buffer.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger