[MPlayer-dev-eng] libvo changes

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Sun Apr 6 06:28:15 CEST 2008

On Sun, 2008-04-06 at 05:36 +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> I dislike "clean up" as commit message as well.  It's far from specific
> (enough) to be really useful.

Useful for what? It's meant to express that the commit changes some code
to a better form with no noticeable functionality changes, and the
details are not anything you'd normally consider interesting, useful or
particularly tricky. What use would you have for specifics like "moves a
misindented line 3 spaces to the right, removes a no-op x+=0; statement,
splits a 200 character long line"?

If you think "clean up" can be interpreted to mean something else (what?
larger nontrivial changes?) and some other choice of words should be
used then fair enough, but I don't really see what use more specifics
would have.