[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer compilation with cygwin

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Sep 30 22:59:38 CEST 2007

On Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 10:16:02PM +0200, roee wrote:

> >> check out the mplayer that comes with MPUI - 3.22MB
> >> what can i --disable to reach this size?
> >>

> > That is simply compressed with upx. The sense in this is disputable
> > though. It saves a tiny bit on disk and startup time but needs a little
> > bit more RAM at runtime.
> >

> ohhhh... it's the first time i meet this nice thingy..  upx..   great!
> well thanks a lot guys..
>
> so i will post it here:
> i am about to finish the Mplayer-ActiveX i'm building for a while.. and
> i have a huge smile on my face right now :)
> anyway, what are the steps i should do to spread it over the world?  who
> am i suppose to contact in order to put it on MPlayer web site?

I must say, I don't think MPlayer folks will be the most thrilled
about ActiveX since it's MSIE-only. If you want to serve movies
embedded in websites you should either use a widely-supported format
that will be played by an ordinary movie-player plugin, or (probably
more reliable) use FLV with a Flash-based player. But we won't do
anything to stop you from making this ActiveX thing as long as you
follow the GPL on the MPlayer part of it. :)

Rich