[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer compilation with cygwin

Compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Sun Sep 30 21:25:52 CEST 2007

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 21:04:28 +0200, Gianluigi Tiesi scribed:

>On Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 05:51:13PM +0200, roee wrote:
>>
>> > Most likely, the 'official windows mplayer' was compiled under
>> > MinGW rather than under Cygwin. This might also explain some of
>> > the size difference, depending. As I understand it, any Cygwin
>> > programs will need Cygwin to run, but MinGW programs do not
>> > necessarily need MinGW to run.
>> >

>> it's now the first time i actually succeed to compile mplayer on
>> MinGW, but now its . . . 10 MB :'(
>> ( ./configure --enable-static)
>>
>> the dll thingy is now ok with mingw, only the size problem was left
>>
>> thanks for reply..
>>   Roee.
>
>standard mplayer builds are always ~10mb
>
>I doubt you can find a 3mb mplayer binary around

md made a mingw mplayer once, its size still hasnt been beat!

04/06/2004  02:00a           1,533,440 mplayermd.exe

D:\cdrive\mplayer>mplayermd -vo help
MPlayer dev-CVS-040406-03:13-3.3.1 (C) 2000-2004 MPlayer Team

CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon Thunderbird 816.2 MHz (Family: 6,
Stepping: 2 )
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
Compiled with Runtime CPU Detection - WARNING - this is not optimal!
To get best performance, recompile MPlayer with
--disable-runtime-cpudetection. Reading config
file /usr/local/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf: No such file or directo ry
Reading config file D:/cdrive/mplayer/mplayer/config

Available video output drivers:
        directx Directx DDraw YUV/RGB/BGR renderer
        gl2     X11 (OpenGL) - multiple textures version
        aa      AAlib
        caca    libcaca
        png     PNG file
        null    Null video output
        pgm     PGM file
        md5     MD5 sum
        mpegpes Mpeg-PES file
        yuv4mpeg        yuv4mpeg output for mjpegtools (to "stream.yuv")
        tga     Targa output

and aalib, no one else has got aalib working on mingw :)

-compn