[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] rc2 at the beginning of October

Compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Mon Sep 24 19:23:57 CEST 2007

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 19:28:39 +0300, Siarhei Siamashka scribed:

>Regarding some "down to earth" and practical solution for '-ac ffmp3'
>support problem, wouldn't it be easier to drop avi support from
>libmpdemux and use lavf instead of it, but keep libmpdemux code for
>matroska, ogg and other container formats that are causing problems at
>the moment? In this case I would need to reorder some entries
>in 'demuxer_list' from 'demuxer.c'. Is that right?

i dont think changing something this big would happen days before a
stable release.

if you have files which perform badly/incorrectly with lavf, please
report them so that they can be fixed. if the bug is in ffmpeg use the
ffmpeg roundup tracker.

-compn