[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] rc2 at the beginning of October

Benjamin Zores ben at geexbox.org
Sat Sep 15 23:31:50 CEST 2007

Andrew Savchenko a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Saturday 15 September 2007 22:36, Benjamin Zores wrote:
>> Diego Biurrun a écrit :

>>> VIDIX linking on PowerPC remains unfixed.  This is a
>>> regression that should be addressed before the release.
>>> Unfortunately I never manage to get a hold of Benjamin to sit
>>> down and help me fix this issue...
>> Fixes now.
>> I won't be responsible for rc2 delay ;-)
>> Diego, can you just confirm it works with your PowerBook ?
>
> BTW, vidix still not work on nVidia GeForce 7300 GT. I check this
> with r24539. That bug was reported earlier:
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-advusers/2007-April/001633.html
>
> This is *regression* between r22701 and r22963 and it will be nice
> to see it fixed in rc2.

As Reimar has spotted it, this is irrelevant.
There's no chance vidix works with your 7300 (or has ever worked) as
this is an NV40+ architecture which do no longer support Overlay.
This has been replaced by texture blitting but is not yet implemented.

The nvidia driver doesn't work perfectly, that's for sure, but there's
no chance it has ever worked on any NV40+ chipset.

This won't be fixed for rc2 anyhow.

Ben