[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] rc2 at the beginning of October

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Sep 14 11:27:43 CEST 2007

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 10:13:58AM +0300, Siarhei Siamashka wrote:
> On 14 September 2007, RC wrote:
> > On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:48:21 +0300
> >
> > Siarhei Siamashka <siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Currently '-ac ffmp3' chokes on some video files, this one can be used
> > > as  an example, it plays fine with ffplay but has problems with
> > > mplayer:
> > > ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/samples/benchmark/testsuite2/Coyote.Ugl
> > >y.Sample-highbitrate-atmos.avi
> >
> > Several of the ff* codecs require you to use -demuxer lavf as well.
> > I'd really like to see libmpdemux depreciated, asap.  ffmp3 handles that
> > video just fine.
>
> Thanks a lot, did not know that. What should be done to get libmpdemux
> deprecated sooner?

Make libavformat feature complete and fix the remaining bugs.  Off the
top of my head: libavformat has no VIVO demuxer, Ogg/Theora files show
artifacts after seeking, the RM demuxer is broken in various ways IIRC,
some (all) demuxer don't play well with binary codecs and there were
some general issues with subtitles.

Diego