[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] rc2 at the beginning of October

Roberto Togni rxt at rtogni.it
Tue Sep 11 23:47:20 CEST 2007

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 17:36:51 -0400
Compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 22:56:53 +0200, Roberto Togni scribed:
>
> >Agree? Disagree? Any comments on MPlayer status? Known breakages and
> >regressions?
>
> i think compilation is still broke on cygwin because of llrint in
> mpegaudiodec.c
>
> i'd like to see voroshi's dshow tv:// in rc2
> and nellymoser codec (ffmpeg-devel patch being reviewed)

I don't think that delaying rc2 to wait for some codec or feature is
good, it would never be released. If we start talking about codecs,
there is also all the SoC work in the commit queue.
If something important is just a few days from being committed we can
wait, but else I'd prefer to releases as-is and eventually do rc3 after
1-2 months. That's imho obviously.

> i guess uau and otvos patches for still frames / low fps video
> will have to wait? (not enough time to test)

I have no idea how dangerous they are, it's up to the author to decide.

Ciao,
 Roberto

--
Better is the enemy of good enough.