[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] rc2 at the beginning of October

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 00:50:40 CEST 2007

2007/9/12, Roberto Togni <rxt at rtogni.it>:
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 17:36:51 -0400
> Compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 22:56:53 +0200, Roberto Togni scribed:
> >
> > >Agree? Disagree? Any comments on MPlayer status? Known breakages and
> > >regressions?
> >
> > i think compilation is still broke on cygwin because of llrint in
> > mpegaudiodec.c
> >
> > i'd like to see voroshi's dshow tv:// in rc2
> > and nellymoser codec (ffmpeg-devel patch being reviewed)
> >

> I don't think that delaying rc2 to wait for some codec or feature is
> good, it would never be released. If we start talking about codecs,
> there is also all the SoC work in the commit queue.
> If something important is just a few days from being committed we can
> wait, but else I'd prefer to releases as-is and eventually do rc3 after
> 1-2 months. That's imho obviously.

Have in mind that new codecs could have bugs and short comings.
For the time they are all worked out we could release rc3.

The main think is that we don't have show-stopper and what we have now
is pretty stable, or at least not worse than rc1.

> > i guess uau and otvos patches for still frames / low fps video
> > will have to wait? (not enough time to test)
> >
> I have no idea how dangerous they are, it's up to the author to decide.

dvdnav support is target for 1.0 final, so it could wait.