[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] keep fullscreen mode over aspect, file etc. change if set by user

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Sep 9 21:52:31 CEST 2007

Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> Hello, On Sat, Sep 08, 2007 at 09:34:30AM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> [...]
>
>> Yet a separate idea would be to do something comparable to e.g. the
>> "pausing_keep" slave-mode command prefix - make it possible to
>> specify e.g. a "persistent" prefix (or not prefix, but you get the
>> idea) in the keybindings file. Then you give the new behaviour if
>> that flag has been specified for the "toggle fullscreen" key, and
>> the old one if not.
>>
>> This has the advantage that it could be extended to do the same
>> kind of thing for all other potentially relevant commands, not just
>> fullscreen. It has the disadvantage that it might be horrendous to
>> code cleanly.
>
> I admit that this is the solution I think I'd prefer

Good, because after some thought, I think it's the one I like best as
well. ^_^

> (also since it is more flexible for gui frontends), I just don't like
> fiddling with the whole input system etc. and the string parsing, and
> lastly I don't know how to pass that info to the property
> functions...

Well, from what I can tell based on svn blame and the contents of
MAINTAINERS, Alban Bedel seems to be "in charge" of the input and config
systems. Alban, if you're around, do you have any advice or suggestions?

(I would not be inherently unwilling to do at least some of the work
myself, but A: I'm not sure I have time, B: I don't know if I'd know
where to start looking at the input system code, and C: I would have no
clue how to hook it in to the actually functional part.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.