[MPlayer-dev-eng] Support for movie fragments in MOV/MP4

David Romacho Rosell romaxin2002 at yahoo.com.au
Thu Sep 6 09:34:32 CEST 2007

En/na Nico Sabbi ha escrit:
> David Romacho Rosell wrote:
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a modified version of  the mov demuxer that handles movie
>> fragments (as specified in the ISO/IEC-14496). This is particulary
>> useful for those videos created with cheap digital cameras, where the
>> video is stored in several movie fragments.
>>
>> Could that code be integrated into the MPlayer sources ? How would that
>> process be done? I am a newby into the development process so I would
>> appreciate any help.
>>

> post a patch following the rules specified in the docs
> or, better yet, post a patch to ffmpeg's libavformat
> (provided that libavformat doesn't already handle that
> kind of streams (mplayer -demuxer lavf will tell you))

Thanks for this reply. The code I have is a modified version of the MOV
demuxer (demux_mov.c I think), not the libavformat. So, as I understand,
I have to send a patch. I couldn't find the documentation that descrives
the rules and how to create the patch. Could anyone send a pointer to
that document ?