[MPlayer-dev-eng] MEncoder: libass support (patch)

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Tue Nov 6 10:30:20 CET 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-05 at 11:04 +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
> Anyway, I wonder if there are still reasons not to apply these four patches
> in their latest version?

MEncoder is unmaintained and needs a major rewrite that nobody seems to
be interested in doing at the moment. So don't expect much interest in
minor MEncoder-related patches when its major problems would still
remain.

> Patch: mplayer-asscache-20071103.diff

I think the libass maintainer has little time at the moment. I'll see
how ugly a full fix would be. According to the C standard the padding
bytes may change value when values are stored to the struct (for example
the compiler could fully write a register wider than the value stored,
possibly with junk in the higher bytes) so zeroing the struct before use
does not guarantee the padding bytes will be zeros.