[MPlayer-dev-eng] MEncoder: libass support (patch)

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Mon Nov 5 11:04:25 CET 2007

Le quartidi 14 brumaire, an CCXVI, Uoti Urpala a écrit :
> Adding it would be easy, but what would you make the filter do
> differently if it existed? If the goal is to generate pts suitable for
> use in the output file then the current behavior seems correct (ignore
> jumps in source material pts caused by seeks). If the goal is to correct
> bad pts values in the source to allow syncing with external timestamps
> for subtitles etc then where do you get the correct value to use after
> seeking?

You are absolutely right. I had the same thoughts, and hesitated writing
them down in the mail you are replying to.

>	   Would you have some kind of list "after first seek start
> timestamps from A, after second seek from B..."? Might work but seems
> cumbersome and fragile.

Even something fragile can be useful as a last resort solution. But in this
particular case, changing the timestamps on the subtitles seems an easier
solution.

Anyway, I wonder if there are still reasons not to apply these four patches
in their latest version?

Patch: mplayer-keeppts-20071102.diff

Patch: mplayer-mencass-20071101b.diff

Patch: mplayer-fixpts-20071103.diff