[MPlayer-dev-eng] MEncoder: libass support (patch)

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Nov 1 16:32:56 CET 2007

Hello,
On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 02:30:59PM +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
> > In which way? That seems like a bug to me and would be better fixed
> > properly (at least it should be attempted).
>
> There is no bug here. What Joel does is just avoid adding the
> expand-by-nothing-and-add-OSD filter, since it is redundant with the ass
> filter.
>
> An explicit expand filter on the command line works properly.

The comment says /* conflicts with libass */
Which to me means that without this change it would not work, which then
would need a proper explanation.
If it is only a speed optimization it should be done in another patch.

[...]
>   - I re-submit the patch, updated to current SVN, with a condition for the
>     pts problem, and a warning "ASS with mencoder can cause badly
>     interleaved files".

As long as it does not change the case without -ass almost anything is
okay ;-)

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger