[MPlayer-dev-eng] Practical outcomes of the ALSA thread

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Fri May 4 20:45:16 CEST 2007

On Friday 04 May 2007 19:55, Rich Felker wrote:

> However Vladimir has reported a case where MPlayer "gets stuck" doing
> this. We should simply track down and fix this bug and then hopefully
> he'll be happy

I was going to say that having the audio device active and taken would
probably block oss, but I was wrong:

[AO OSS] audio_setup: Can't open audio device /dev/dsp: Device or
resource busy
AO: [alsa] 48000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)

Start MPlayer with -ao alsa, start another one without any -ao
specified, it tries oss, fails, tries alsa, succeeds.