[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] prefer ALSA over OSS

Fri May 4 15:52:40 CEST 2007

Hi Attila Kinali!

 On 2007.05.04 at 15:21:16 +0200, Attila Kinali wrote next:

> Brrr... There are a few gtk apps i need. And with every update
> of gtk, the file choose dialog gets worse and worse. It has come

I think it got suddenty worse at one point and then gradually started to
become better.
The newest version even supports search:
http://log.emmanuelebassi.net/archives/2007/05/company-calls/
(and though pretty generic api so you might even add something like
locate support to this)

> Either i have the file on one of my mounted filesytems or
> there is scp/wget. (can you feel the breeze of unixish behavior?
> the wisper, that a tool should do only one thing and that very good?
> that the tools should be able to interact with each other and be chainable?)

vim's ability to edit remote files almost transparenty really saved me a
few times. When you just :w and the remote file is updated.

> Somehow you sound like the people who permanently advice others
> to use XML, because it's plain text, portable and there are lots
> of libraries to handle it... No matter how wrong XML might be
> be for the problem at hand.

Lol, XML gave only troubles to me in most cases.. I dislike it, but I
can't completely say that I hate it. Still, the fact that one of the
most popularized formats IS plain text and portable is nice, isn't it?
It could have been worse.

--

Vladimir