[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] prefer ALSA over OSS

Nicolas George nicolas.george at ens.fr
Fri May 4 15:29:19 CEST 2007

Le quintidi 15 floréal, an CCXV, Attila Kinali a écrit :
> Either i have the file on one of my mounted filesytems or
> there is scp/wget. (can you feel the breeze of unixish behavior?

I can hear the noise of you typing three commands instead of just one.

> If it looks like the POSIX/BSD api, then there is no need to
> use it at all.

It looks like the POSIX API to the programmer, to the user it looks like it
is able to transparently open remote files.

> I still don't get why you'd need something like this? Either
> handling remote filesystems is completely transparent in the
> Plan9 way or it should made obvious to the user. Putting a badly
> designed wrapper around it (even fuse) isn't a solution, but just
> papering over problems without really understanding the issue.

Well, your sentence is a truism: putting anything badly designed is a bad
thing, what astonishing news.

Now, please imagine that you put a well-designed wrapper. What do you say
about it?

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George