[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [RFC] h264 over rtsp without AVParser

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Mar 9 16:12:22 CET 2007

Uoti Urpala <uoti.urpala <at> pp1.inet.fi> writes:

> The current timing code won't work if you feed it the same timestamp
> multiple times like that. I think it's probably best to make the demuxer
> set the timestamps to MP_NOPTS_VALUE except for one (by detecting
> identical timestamps if it doesn't recognize frame boundaries otherwise)
> and change the timing code to ignore those.

Identical timestamps for several NALs belonging to the same frame: Works with
-correct-pts (except - maybe! - fps =<8: I only tested one stream with low fps!)

Timestamp of first of several NALs belonging to the same frame unchanged,
remaining set to MP_NOPTS_VALUE: Does not work with -correct-pts - I get "pts
value from demuxer MISSING" and the video plays too fast.

Without -correct-pts, in both cases video plays too slow.

Carl Eugen