[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] h264 over rtsp without AVParser

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Fri Mar 9 15:50:56 CET 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 15:28 +0100, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> I tried to play h264 streams that contain (only) NALs that are not
> complete frames. These NALs have identical timestamps as long as they
> belong to one frame. Unfortunately, mplayer sends those NALs to

The current timing code won't work if you feed it the same timestamp
multiple times like that. I think it's probably best to make the demuxer
set the timestamps to MP_NOPTS_VALUE except for one (by detecting
identical timestamps if it doesn't recognize frame boundaries otherwise)
and change the timing code to ignore those.