[MPlayer-dev-eng] to be root or not to be root

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Mar 4 16:02:17 CET 2007

Moin,

Some people expressed, after the recent incident, that
they do not fully trust me as root of mphq anymore.

As there is no point in me being root if i'm not absolutely
trusted, i offer to step down from my position[1], given there
is someone to replace me.
The reason why i condition it on someone replacing me is that
we are already short on manpower with me.

This is a sincere offer. Please don't use it to start a
flamewar and please take at least an hour, better a day
to think before you reply.

Please let me know of your decission within two weeks.

Thanks

			Attila Kinali

[1] I reserve myself the right to keep the root password (but
not doing anything) as long as the server is registered to my
name, to intervene if something that might be illegal happens.
After the registration is transfered to someone else, i will
give up on this too.

[2] I thougth about CC'ing this to ffmpeg-devel, but decided
against it as hardly anyone overthere, who isnt on this list
knows me and because most ffmpeg only devels are oblivious to
what has happend.

[3] This doesn't mean i will leave MPlayer. I'm still maintainer
of (very little) code and intend to continue maintaining it.

--
Linux ist... wenn man einfache Dinge auch mit einer kryptischen
post-fix Sprache loesen kann