[MPlayer-dev-eng] uoti

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Thu Mar 1 08:23:18 CET 2007

Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
> Who is supposed to revert it?

Whoever cares?

> If Uoti haven't broken any rules, if he is maintainer, then there is
> no reason for the code to be reverted.

Uoti hadn't break anything written in a decent way, given how many
feedbacks I had on my thread about it not so many even know why/which
are really the rules, let alone where they are (hint: ffmpeg coding
style is spread in the ml and not available in the svn, mplayer rules
are spread in different files and with not so clear statements).

So there is a reason to write them back in a decent shape and to give an
example how to fix such issue by properly committing it.

> Something more, everybody who reverts that code would clearly break the
> policy.

In your dreams? there is no defined/unarguable policy.

> For me the issue is simple.

It is.

> Uoti was asked by everybody to revert the changes.

by SOMEBODY (me included btw)

> Uoti to this moment haven't done so.

He is just giving feedback, still something IMHO.

> If Uoti doesn't revert the changes he should be removed from the
> project for the sake of other developers.

Yawn...

> Meritocracy.

I like meritocracy...

> So in simple words the voting is bogus because we don't have the word
> on the issue to start with.

We don't have a such high voice since most of the complainers:

- didn't committed anything meaningful in a long while
- didn't work on that code to begin with

So if we use such metrics most of the complainers vote is 0,01 others?

> If this is OK for the rest of the developers, then I'm going to accept it.

Please do.

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC