[MPlayer-dev-eng] uoti

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 00:47:18 CET 2007

2007/2/28, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:
[...]
> > About the vote.
> > If there is problems with the counting we can always repeat it. It
> > must be public as I have no idea if my vote to root@ have been counted
> > at all. (actually we never got to hear the exact results).
>
> my vote is revert/cleanup the mess and close uotis account if this happens
> again and clarify policy so it cannot be missunderstood also make it
> clear that policy violations will lead to first a warning and by repeating
> will lead to account suspension

Who is supposed to revert it?
If Uoti haven't broken any rules, if he is maintainer, then there is
no reason for the code to be reverted.
Something more, everybody who reverts that code would clearly break the policy.

For me the issue is simple.
Uoti was asked by everybody to revert the changes.
Uoti to this moment haven't done so.
If Uoti doesn't revert the changes he should be removed from the
project for the sake of other developers.

I also had my conversation with Mr Diego Biurrun (I keep the log).
This is how I understood his explanation:
Because uoti was the one working on that part of the code ( mplayer.c)
 he is the one who can decide about it. Nobody really has the
legitimacy to step up in such a situation and tell uoti what to do or
not to do, because none of the voters work in uoti's area.
Meritocracy.

So in simple words the voting is bogus because we don't have the word
on the issue to start with.

If this is OK for the rest of the developers, then I'm going to accept it.
I'm not going to loose time on this matter anymore. I'll just wait and
see what happens.