[MPlayer-dev-eng] mencoder problems with large video frames (in this case huffyuv)

Øyvind Vågen Jægtnes lorrides at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 02:42:51 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to make mencoder create a huffyuv avi via avs2yuv.exe. This
also happened with the ffv1 codec.
The first problem was that i got "encoded frame too large" errors from
mencoder.exe which originates from huffyuv.c. The video is 1920x1040
so the resulting frame goes over 2 mb at some points.

I got a tip to edit the line 744 in mencoder.c:

mux_v->buffer_size=0x200000; // 2MB
mux_v->buffer_size=0x400000; // 4MB

After this the encode went fine and i stopped getting the "encoded
frame too large" errors.
But when i playback with mplayer i get errors like this:
Error generating huffman table, 13
Error while decoding frame!
Error generating huffman table, 13
Error while decoding frame!
Error generating huffman table, 10
Error while decoding frame!
Error generating huffman table, 47
Error while decoding frame!

The number after the errors comes from me editing the line 256 in
libavcodec/huffyuv.c to:
av_log(NULL, AV_LOG_ERROR, "Error generating huffman table, %i\n", bits);
just to see what number it stumbles on.

If you guys need more info or some samples off the resulting .avi
and/or source please let me know.

---
Øyvind Jægtnes
lorrides at gmail.com