[MPlayer-dev-eng] Status of CoreAVC (last time) and using win32 codecs on x86_64

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Jul 25 13:15:43 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 11:45:23AM +0300, Anatoli Marinov wrote:
> Why we need such kind of closed decoder like coreAVC? Now ffh264 works
> slower but I think it will be better if we try to optimize it, to add
> threads like in closed decoder, to support multiple CPU and similar
> things.
> Of course this is a lot of work but my opinion is that this is the right way.
>
> What do you think?

Supporting it, esp. in a way that improves dll codec support, IMO is not a bad
thing, but there are other patches that are at least as useful, so I
certainly won't spend major amounts of time reviewing patches for it.
Which means that getting support for it in SVN will continue to be a
slow (and for the submitter annoying) process, unless we should somehow
get a major influx of reviewer (I won't try to describe the likelyhood
of that...).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger