[MPlayer-dev-eng] PATCH [0/12] CoreAVC support (Take 3)

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Feb 28 20:49:51 CET 2007

Hello,
On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 11:47:21PM +0100, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
> > 010stub.patch: This adds a return value to win32 stubbed apps.  These
> > used to be present in older versions of mplayer, and are required for
> > CoreAVC
>
> Huh? This could cause crashes in case of caller doesnt saves eax.

Hmm... Well, it is as the original code was. Also the whole behaviour
seems to assume that it's a mostly "normal" function that may modify
registers.
Anything else can't use inline asm the normal way but would need a
"hack" like used for exp_EH_prolog. I don't like it, but it might be the
most reliable way to implement this...
Opinions?

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger