[MPlayer-dev-eng] uau - svn account removal

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sun Feb 25 13:26:15 CET 2007

On Sunday, 25 February 2007 at 12:16, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 09:36:13AM -0500, Compn wrote:
> [...]
> > why dont we talk about something constructive like how to revert
> > all changes, and recommit it correctly (in a series of patches).
>
> ok, there are many ways
> FA. (probably not good as it might negatively affect checkouts)
>     1. fork last good revision into its own branch
>     2. recommit all safe changes
>     3. kill main branch and move the new branch over it
> FB.
>     1. fork last good revision locally
>     2. apply all later changes which dont break the tree and dont touch files
>        which have "missing" changes
>     3. start with a clean checkout and revert what has been found
>        by svn cp method
> R.
>     1. revert affected files locally to pre messup rev
>     2. carefully test and revert whatever else is needed
>     3. start with a clean checkout and revert what has been found
>        by svn cp method (this should be identical to what you get
>        after FB)
>
> at this point mplayer svn would be clean again though with some missing
> changes

Sounds sensible.

> after the above, lost changes to mplayer.c and other files can be reapplied
> if they are ok and dont depend on anything missing

For the record, the diffs from the controversial commit look clean except
for the parts in command.c moved from mplayer.c. I'll send in a cleaned up
diff between mplayer.c and command.c soon.

Regards,
R.

--
MPlayer developer and RPMs maintainer: http://mplayerhq.hu http://rpm.livna.org