[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer fails to detect H.264 in MPEG-TS

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer bero at arklinux.org
Sun Feb 25 13:00:39 CET 2007

Hi,
I've been playing around with a DVB-S2 card -- recording from it is working
(cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 >whatever), but when playing the result with
mplayer, I get audio only, no video. mplayer's output indicates it finds the
correct PIDs, but it's looking for an MPEG-2 stream when the codec should be
H.264.

I've uploaded h264-in-ts.ts to incoming/ - it's a short fragment from the
ProSieben HD TV program that demonstrates the problem.

Regards,
bero