[MPlayer-dev-eng] root team notification

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Feb 25 01:37:24 CET 2007

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 14:44:06 +0100
Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> > Uhm.. I didn't see anything about this. When did you do this request?
>
> hmm on ffmpeg-dev, in ffmpegsvn/doc/TODO, and i knew several people of
> the root team where aware of it as they participated in the related
> disscussions which then ended in melanson and mans working on writing
> their own bug tracker :)

I remember such a discussion a very long time ago, but
i don't remember that we(ie root) should install anything.
But maybe i'm not remembering it correctly.

> i didnt post to root at mphq as i assumed everyone of the root team would
> read ffmpeg-dev or ffmpeg-svnlog or was already aware of it by other
> means

These days, i hardly have time to follow any of the mailinglist :-(
The only thing i can do is to periodicaly go over the subjects
and see whether there is something that might be interesting
or read up something if people point me to something.

Just in case, if you ever want root to do something, send and/or cc it
to either root at mphq or the mphq ml (preferably the mphq ml
unless it's something private)

> sorry, for the noise if half of the root team was unaware of it ...

I only make up one third of it :-)

> > Anyways.. If you still want roundup on mphq, feel free to send a mail to
> > root at mphq or the mphq-ml. Unfortunately i don't have the time this weekend.
>
> hmm, as roundup is already working fine at its current home besides some
> finetuning i guess that can be done later if root at mphq wants, or in case
> problems arise with its current home, also having it on a different server
> will make half of the root team who where aware of it happy i think

I have no problem with it being on an other host. Less work for us :-)

				Attila Kinali

--
Linux ist... wenn man einfache Dinge auch mit einer kryptischen
post-fix Sprache loesen kann