[MPlayer-dev-eng] uau - svn account removal

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Feb 24 14:56:59 CET 2007

Hello,
On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 01:07:45PM +0100, Attila Kinali wrote:
> Thus, i would like to ask the MPlayer developers (excluding
> uau in this case) to vote whether uau's account should be
> removed or not.

I will refrain from voting as I don't think I can be really objective.
I think the commit was a policy violation, and that the complaints were
ignored has made it easier.
Allowing (if only by not taking actions against it) this kind of patch
makes things harder for people like me who understand (or learn to
understand) MPlayer mostly by looking at the changes.
There is also the point that a few of his patches broke gcc-2.95
compilation in such an obvious way (esp. due to the warnings generated
with all gcc versions) that I can't help but wonder if it is some kind
of intentional provocation and that is the kind of thing I hate most. I
can get that kind of treatment from people I really have to work with,
I'm not really interested in it during my free time.
Now the opposite "problem" is someone cleaning up mplayer.c and stuff is
really, really welcome, and he's good at it.
Well, I fear this will be the most useless mail in this thread. All it
says in the end, I just wished some developers would once in a while
(and in general more often) show that they care about other people's
opinions. Because without that, I don't see much of a point in open
source.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger