[MPlayer-dev-eng] GUI

Roberto Togni rxt at rtogni.it
Wed Feb 21 22:04:55 CET 2007

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:55:39 +0200
Uoti Urpala <uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi> wrote:

> The GUI is currently broken after the mplayer.c changes. I'm hoping that
> someone else will fix it. If no one does within a couple of days I'll
> hack it enough to make it compile.

[...]

Not only the GUI...

On IRC me (and others, as I understand by reading the list) asked you
to post a patch and give the GUI devels some time to prepare a patch
(at least the windows GUI is actively mantained). That would have also
enabled other people to test the patch before committing it.

Also the fear that other thins may be broken after such big patch were
true.

I understand that maintaining big patches for some time requires some
effort, but any other developer does it too. And most of the file you
touched does not change often.

As a final problem, the commit was wrong: it moved a lot of code to new
files without using svn cp, and reformatted it too (you should know
that MPlayer devs are quite sensitive to cosmetic changes).

I haven't checked the technical details of the patch yet, so I can't
comment on them now.

I'm for reverting this asap as long as it's easy to do it (before people
start to commit hacks to fix compilation), and recommit it properly only
when all major issues are fixed.

Ciao,
 Roberto