[MPlayer-dev-eng] Bug in font extractor for mkv

Evgeniy Stepanov eugeni.stepanov at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 07:55:14 CET 2007

On Tuesday 13 February 2007 02:01, Ergzay wrote:
> > I've got the exact same file and it works here. Are you really sure
> > that it
> > extracts only one font ? Which one, by the way ?
> Not sure on the exact font name, but it should be extracting AeroDB
> Eclipse (which is in the mkv file). Which is why it gives this error:
> [ass] fontconfig: Selected font family is not the requested one:
> 'Verdana' != 'AeroDB Eclipse'
> As it is selecting the default Verdana instead of what font is listed
> in the embedded ASS file. The one it is successfully extracting is the
> one used for the romaji in the opening, named Flora.
> > Also, fontconfig 1.0.1 is about 4 years old (if it is not a typo), try
> > upgrading.
> fontconfig doesn't do the font extracting anyway I don't think.
> Although I just updated to very latest release version of fontconfig
> (2.4.2) and it now works. This is odd though why it would only get get
> the first font (I guessed it was only the first as it makes no sense to
> extract one from the middle).

Aero DB is the first. Most likely it was extracting everything, but ancient 
fontconfig failed to match some of the fonts.

More information about the MPlayer-dev-eng mailing list