[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] kde screensaver stuff using system()

Adam Tlałka atlka at pg.gda.pl
Tue Feb 6 22:45:23 CET 2007

Dnia Tue, 6 Feb 2007 22:21:45 +0100
Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> napisał(a):

> On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 22:13:55 +0100
> Nicolas George <nicolas.george at ens.fr> wrote:
>
> > That sentence surprises me. I thought that it was all mplayer was
> > about: dealing with badly designed audio and video formats, video
> > drivers, etc., and despite their braindeadness, managing to bring
> > high-quality output to the user.
>
> Then you missunderstood something. MPlayer was always about
> watching all video files out there. No matter how broken it is.
> But MPlayer always (or nearly always) refused to include
> workarounds for broken software that its users used.
> Be it gcc, screensaver or window manager.

The problem is we want to see the video and unexpected screensaver
activation could be treated like a bad  video driver.
Of course assuming some particular type of screensaver and protocol of
communication is just wrong. If we can do something it should be as
simple as possible.

Generation of key events is not good but maybe we
could just generate mouse movements instead. While mouse pointer is
set to invisible we can just move it a bit left and then right from
time to time while playing video. Because we know the pointer
destination we will filter these events and any real mouse movement
will restore normal behaviour until next pointer hidding.
What about this ?

Regards
--
Adam Tlałka       mailto:atlka at pg.gda.pl    ^v^ ^v^ ^v^