[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] kde screensaver stuff using system()

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue Feb 6 21:22:22 CET 2007

On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 03:53:10PM +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> I do feel a bit uncomfortable about this, it seems extremely like a hack
> to me.
> Is there no better way?
> Do we really have to handle this screensaver mess?
> Any other comments?

We were talking about this on IRC the other day.  A problem that we
currently have is that gnome screensaver is not stopped, which is an
annoyance for users.  An annoyance that distros have started working
around in multiple different and mostly hackish ways.

A way out of this dilemma might be generating keypress events at regular
intervals.  It promises to work across all platforms and not need to be
extended for the screensaver du jour ..

Diego