[MPlayer-dev-eng] Trailing whitespace removal and precommit hooks

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Feb 1 22:31:43 CET 2007

Hello,
On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 10:11:45PM +0100, Roberto Togni wrote:
[...]
> And I'm against any kind of precommit scripts: something that aborts a
> commit for silly reasons is very annoying.

IMO it's not a silly reason, because after intensively reworking some
code I often waste quite a bit of time to reduce the size of the patch
by reading such trailing whitespace (esp. the ones that are alone on a
single line). It also helps people committing patches from other people
who do not want to add such whitespace.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger